Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Instant RCM

I don't know about you, but I have always liked a good training course. A dynamic instructor, well thought out and laid out training materials, solid real life training examples and interactive class examples. Combine all of these things and you're now attending a course where you can really learn how to apply a structured process and improve your business.

When we designed the RCM Blitz process and RCM Facilitator training modules, we worked hard to meet the above listed criteria. We wanted to ensure that the people we trained in RCM Blitz understood the process and were able to apply the techniques learned in training back at the workplace. As a result, the people to elected the attend RCM Blitz facilitator training would in turn become successful RCM facilitators.

Over the past several years, we have been approached several times by companies wanting to put our courses on CD and offer them on line for a reduced price. You all know the gimmick "The Instant RCM Blitz Training CD - for a one time price $599.95 you can now purchase the complete RCM Blitz training series just send us your credit card and we'll send you the CD!" "Complete the slides on our CD and you'll soon be doing RCM all on your own!"

Let me give you some good free advice, if you believe you can learn RCM without formal instruction and mentoring, save your money, buy a book on RCM and read it. You'll save yourself five hundred and fifty dollars and have the same probability of success.

If you really want to learn to become a certified RCM facilitator, attend a RCM Facilitator Training class, sign up to be mentored through a couple of RCM analyses and learn RCM the right way. Companies with successful RCM efforts, invest in RCM training and certification and as a result they experience the benefits delivered from a proven methodology. Even more impressive, every certified RCM Blitz facilitator has completed at least two RCM analyses that provided a return on investment that exceeded the cost of training and implementation and continues to to return on that savings year after year with improved reliability and lower maintenance costs!

Contact Allied Reliability, Inc. today and learn about RCM Blitz Facilitator Training and Certification!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Doug, a very good point I learned a lot when I took the RCM Facilitator training with you while I worked for Kodak. The program was invaluable as I went on to new chapters in my career, however it does have the use it or lose it mentality. As with anything else practice makes perfect. I would certainly recommend a training course led by a dynamic leader because you can ask questions, with a CD if you are not sure you need to enter a question on line to get an answer. My training with you was interactive, as you supplied the class with many real life examples.
I found at my last company that they wanted to look for failure without defining the primary function of the machine in terms of output, input, quality, and overall specifications. I remember that you defined the primary function as being very important when trying to defining possible failure modes.

Doug Plucknette said...

Patrick - Thanks for the comment! I'm going back in the memory and searching Patricks and I am guessing that you took the course nearly 15 years ago!

Unknown said...

Doug;

You are right I took the course a long time ago and it has left me with the ideals that I carry with me today that in order for the American Industry to survive we need to continue with RCM and the lean techniques to remain competitive.